Using ‘Actions’ in Photoshop helps you reduce time in processing and saving images. The usual way to run a saved action is to use shortcut buttons, but if you have too many actions in your list, chances are, some of them are saved without any shortcut keys assigned. So running these actions will require you to select related actions and clicking on the tiny ‘Play action’ button.
If however, you can set a keyboard shortcut for the ‘Play’ button to run a single or multiple actions at once, you can simplify everything and save time.
This quick guide will show how you can assign shortcut keys to ‘Play action’.
Recommended Reading: 10 Killer Adobe Photoshop Tips For Designers
Set Keyboard shortcut for ‘Play Action’
Go to Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts.
The options window will appear. From the Shortcuts For dropdown menu, select Panel Menus.
- At Panel Menus, go to Actions and set shortcut keys for the ‘Play‘ button. To set the shortcut, simply highlight Play and press your keyboard keys. In this example, we use keyboard keys Shift + Cmd + 1 as our shortcut.
Click Accept and then hit the OK button.
Now you have successfully added a keyboard shortcut to your ‘Play action’ button. The next time you need to play action, you can simply select an action and hit the keyboard shortcut without having to click on the tiny play button.
- How to Reveal iPad’s Hidden Keyboard Buttons [Quicktip]
- How To Assign Shortcuts to Any Program in Windows [Quicktip]
- How To Turn Android Device into Keyboard And Mouse
- How To Turn Your IPhone into a Temporary Keyboard And Mouse