Photoshop is one of the most powerful and accessible tools for editing photos. So, do not miss your chance to improve your skills. They say, perfection is a journey, not a destination. Therefore, enjoy to process of editing images and turning them into fantastic artworks.
Here are 50 stunning Photoshop photo effect tutorials that will surely take you to the next level. Don’t miss your chance to create a picture that you will be proud of.
Excellent Photoshop Cartoon Tutorials
Sometimes photos can be turned in an art form by making them beautiful and perhaps even breath taking at times. This is done by photo shop which converts an ordinary photo into an outstanding work of line art. This art can look amazingly realistic as it makes use of lines to draw out the contours and dimensions of a person’s face, body etc. line art is immensely popular and can be used with pop art too where images are converted into pop diva star look alike.
Photoshop also makes coloring a photo or an art piece easier since it makes use of the advanced and latest technology. Sometimes comic book strips can be made which look amazingly realistic and just like the ones we see in pictures. Full vector description and graphic images can be made as well which make this a whole lot more fun and diverse too. Sometimes entire novels, comic book strips and sin city style pictures can be made as well which are beautiful and flawless. Another great part of these amazing tutorials is that not only are they super easy but professional as well. The job is done by highly technical websites made by the highest skilled staff, which makes it even better since images come out looking beautiful and rich in tone, texture, quality, shading, effects, graphics and designing itself.
Following are some great links to Photoshop photo effect tutorials, which make this, task a whole lot of fun for everybody.
1. Lomo Light Leaks
This tutorial allows you to give your personal images retro light leaks in no time.
2. Super Cool Watercolor Effect in 10 steps in Photoshop
These days you need no watercolor to create a fantastic artwork. Create a nice design following this guide.
3. How to Digitally Add Shallow Depth of Field
Shallow depth of field is one of the most common techniques to make pictures look interesting. Follow this tutorial to digitally imitate this photo effect.
4. Realistic Mist Tutorial
This tutorial will teach you how to add realistic mist to an image in order to create a moody atmosphere.
5. Vintage Analogue
In this lesson you’ll get to know how to achieve an old camera style effect with light leaks and washed out colors.
6. Apply a Color Effect to a Photo
The tutorial will walk you through an easy process of adding a cool color effect to your photo.
7. How to Make Instagram Filters in Photoshop: Earlybird
You can quickly and beautifully mimic an Instagram filter “Earlybird” in Photoshop with this tutorial.
8. Setting a Mood – Video Tutorial
In this tutorial you’ll learn how to add a smashing photo effect to the image.
9. Create a Lightning and Nebula Photo Manipulation
In this manual you’ll find a few tricks on how to merge photos and to add cool light effects.
10. Golden Skin Tutorial
In this tutorial you’ll see the process of giving skin a nice golden shimmer.
11. Instagram Your Images Using Photoshop
“Nashville” is a dreamy filter from Instagram app that can be easily simulated with this Photoshop tutorial.
12. Amazing Photo Manipulation “World on the Tissue” in Photoshop
In this tutorial you’ll see the procedure of creating a stunning collage artwork with Tift-Shift effect.
13. Photoshop tutorial: Digital Colour Tricks for Pencil-drawn Art
In this lesson you will learn how to draw a picture in pencil.
14. Video tutorial: Control Tonality with Photoshop’s Black & White Filter
In this tutorial you’ll learn how to use black and white processing tricks to enhance your color photos.
15. Cupcake Pink Photo Effect
Learn how to add a sweet, dreamy and yummy flavour to your food photography with this brief guide.
16. HDR: Exposure Blending Tutorial
This tutorial will lead you through the basics of creating an HDR photo effect.
17. How To Give Your Photos a Vintage Polaroid Effect
Follow this quick step-by-step instruction to add an awesome vintage style to your ordinary shots.
18. Photoshop tutorial: Use Brushes to Enhance Portraits
In this guide you’ll get to know how to create a “traditional” artwork merging a few images into one.
19. Turn an Ordinary Photo into an Oil Painting
Here you’ll find a simple way to apply a paint-like effect to your image.
20. How to Create a Porcelain Skin Effect in Adobe Photshop CS6
Create a smashing porcelain skin effect with the help of this guide.
21. Astral Illustration Tutorial
Create a futuristic artwork with astral textures and geometric shapes.
22. Retouching with Cloning Tools: Delete Unwanted Objects from an Image
This tutorial tells you how to easily remove unwanted elements from an image.
23. Creating Depth of Field Using the Lens Blur Filter
Do you know that you can control depth of field of the picture? Follow this guide to get to know.
24. Photoshop Quick Tip: How to Use a Tilt / Shift Effect on Portraits
You thought that Tift-Shift effect can be applied only to urban landscapes? This tutorial will tell you how to use it with portraits.
25. Moonlit Lake Tutorial: Turn Day into Night
This lesson will teach you to transform a bright lakeside image into a moonlit dark shot.
26. Dramatic Wrinkles
Do you want to know how to mimic this popular dramatic photography trend? If you do, follow this Photoshop tutorial.
27. Photoshop Quick Tip: Creating Film Edge Burns
Use quick mask mode in certain ares of an image to create an amazing color effect.
28. Portrait Photo To Color Sketch With Photoshop
In this tutorial you’ll get to know how to convert a photo into a pencil sketch.
29. Watercolor Painting Effect In Photoshop CS6
Turn a usual scene into a cool watercolor painting in Photoshop.
30. Easy Depth Of Field Effect In Photoshop
There is an easy way to adjust the depth of field in Photoshop – it is described here.
31. Create a Lomo Effect in 3 Simple Steps
Learn how to imitate unique colors, high contrast and soft focus of lomography photos.
32. Black & White Is the Key to Better Color
Use black and white to make your photos more interesting.
33. Pure White Portrait Retouch
In this tutorial you’ll learn how to whiten skin and hair.
34. Master lighting effects
Use brushes, layer adjustments and blending modes to create a smashing illustration with Photoshop.
35. Apply Authentic-looking Vintage Effects to Photos
Get to know how to add 1950’s feel to your photos with this easy manual.
36. Urban Ink Photo Effect Photoshop Tutorial
Use blending options instead of layer masks to create this stunning photo effect in just two layers.
37. How to Create a Speed Lighting Photo Manipulation
In this tutorial you’ll learn how to create a speed lighting photo effect.
38. Dave Hill Photo Effect Tutorial
Dave Hill developed a new photo effect that can be copied with this tutorial.
39. Photoshop Effects: Add Autumn Colour to Your Landscapes
Turn spring shot into autumn misty image.
40. Making Snow Look White in Photoshop
Make your winter shots stunning with this brief tutorial.
41. Faux Lomo Effect
Make the picture look like it was taken with Holga camera following this tutorial. .
42. How to Create an Easy Dispersion Effect in Photoshop
Give your picture a splatter effect to create a dynamic artwork.
43. Video tutorial: Match tone and colour in Photoshop
This lesson will tell how to recreate an atmosphere of vintage film with Photoshop.
44. How to fake the ‘golden hours’ in Photoshop
“Golden hours” can also be faked with Photoshop.
45. Create a Trendy Retro Photo Effect in 3 Easy Steps
Follow this tutorial to give your images a retro look in three simple steps.
46. Photoshop Quick Tip: Using The Adjustment Brush in Camera Raw
This tutorial will teach you how to add hard contrasts and bright colors to the picture using the adjustment brush.
47. Turn a Photo into an Engraved Illustration Using Photoshop
This tutorial will lead you through the procedure of turning an image into a vintage illustration.
48. Creating a Ghostly Portrait in Photoshop
In this tutorial you will learn how to create a ghostly portrait for Halloween in Photoshop.
49. Photoshop Infrared Effects: How to Make Colour Scenes Look Like Infrared Film
In this guide you’ll get to know a simple-to-follow technique of adding a retro effect of infrared film to your picture.
50. Making Freckles Pop in Photoshop
This tutorial will tell you how to enhance natural light of a sunny picture.
Follow the tutorials you like the best to improve your skills and to create really stunning artworks! Feel free to share your ideas or final result images in the comment field below.
You may be interested in the following Photoshop Tutorials as well.
Feel free to join us and you are always welcome to share your thoughts that our readers may find helpful.
Find Something Missing?
While compiling this list, it’s always a possibility that we missed some other great tutorials. Feel free to share it with us.