Most of us capture moments and events which later on make it to the Web one way or the other. We upload all our photos and videos from our numerous devices to a Cloud storage, the computer, or a social network. But if you want to make the process less painful, here’s a better way to save and secure your pictures and videos: Picturelife.
Picturelife is a new service founded by OMGPOP’s founder, Charles Forman. Unlike other photo backup and sharing services, Picturelife allows you to sync photos and videos instantly or automatically from 12 social services and devices. Currently, Picturelife supports Android, iPhone, Mac and Windows devices.
To get started, Picturelife requires for you to sign up for an account on their website. After registering and downloading Picturelife to the devices you want to sync between, it will bring you to your dashboard.
The dashboard is where you can share, upload and organize your photos, or that is too much work for you, Picturelife will easily and quickly do it for you.
A unique feature of PictureLife is a simple photo editor built into the service. The photo editor allows you to rotate and flip the image, add multiple photo effects such as fuzz, rainbow, sepia, bloom and many more. Again if you don’t want to mess with different photo effects, Picturelife will automatically enhance your photo with the click of a button.
Sharing Your Photos
You can easily share a photo with your family and friends with Picturelife by simple clicking on the content you want to share and click Send. You can choose to share a full album, a single picture or even an event. Sharing is possible via Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr, to a fellow user of Picturelife or by sharing the link to the image.
An added feature is the "who can see" permission setting. Photos that you share can be set to private or public mode. You can even choose the individuals you want to allow access to the photo or even to everyone in your Picturelife friends list.
Here’s the fun part. The service also allows you to sync your content and photos from other website and hosting services. Theses accounts can be found and linked up in your Settings tab next to the search bar.
Add and sync services like Facebook, Flickr, Foursquare, Google, Instagram, SmugMug, Tumblr and Twitter. In the case of syncing photos with Facebook, it even saves the photos that friends have tagged you in.
Picturelife can also organize and create a full feature map based on the GPS locations of your photos. This only works with GPS-enabled devices. It is a small but pretty cool feature that will make a huge difference in the long run.
Picturelife offers its users 5 GB of free space that can hold approximately 1,700 photos. For $ 7/Month users can get 100 GB (that’s like 34,000 photos’ worth). If you want more, go with the Premium Plus plan, which offers 300 GB worth of storage (for 100,000 photos – sounds like a challenge, doesn’t it?).
- Cross platform photo sharing and syncing on the web, Mac, Windows, Android and iOS devices.
- Account syncing with major services like Facebook, Flickr, Foursquare, Google, Instagram, SmugMug, Tumblr and Twitter.
- Reasonable pricing for storage and accounts.
- Photo mapping for photos taken with a GPS enabled device.
- Share photos with only the people you want.
- Organization through events, people, places and albums.
- Easy-to-use scroller for image and video sizes.
- Receive images from friends and family with the built-in Picturelife Inbox system.
- No account sync to Youtube, Vimeo or a mobile video service such as Vine.
- The design is somewhat dark and too simple.
- Social part of Picturelife is not promoted well enough (Hard to find).
- Friend stream is nothing to get excited about, pretty plain design and not many functions.
Picturelife is a wonderful photo saving and sharing service. It cannot replace your Instagram, but is most likely one of the best photo-hosting services/apps available out there. With reasonable pricing, multiple-device and service syncing, numerous sharing options and more, Picturelife is definitely a good tool for all your photo backup needs.