Facebook spent millions as part of the move to its revamped headquarters in Menlo Park, California, and now it plans to shell out a little more for the city to hire another police officer. The company offered to spend $ 200,000 a year for at least three years on a full-time beat cop, a proposal that was unanimously accepted by the city this evening. As reported by NBC earlier, that officer’s job won’t be to protect the company’s headquarters, which has its own private security personnel; nor will they be responding to local city emergency calls. Instead, the proposal calls for the officer to patrol schools, and be stationed in a newly-created neighborhood police substation nearby.
- Back Pocket Apps: Let’s Reconsider the Wireframe
- Over 5 million Raspberry Pis have been sold
- 10 Most Prevalent Myths in Web Designing
- Interview: Paul O’Neill of Levi’s Vintage Clothing: We speak with the sublabel’s Senior Designer on selecting pieces for reproduction, finding inspiration in music and his favorite 501s
- 30 CSS Puns That Prove Designers Have a Great Sense of Humor