Creating a solid grid has been the base for a strong site design. Though the grids shouldn’t dictate design decisions, it makes your blank page look a little less blank. Griddify is a tiny Panel in Photoshop that helps you to compose custom grid systems. It is tiny and fast. It is a small plugin/extension for Photoshop CC and CS6.
Griddify for Photoshop CC
- Firstly install Adobe Extension Manager. You can also get it via Creative Cloud app.
- Secondly, download Griddify, and install it using Adobe Extension Manager.
- Finally, open your Photoshop CC where you can see the panel in the “Window” menu under “Extensions”.
Griddify for Photoshop CS6
- Firstly, download the CS6 version of Griddify here and extract the zip file.
- Secondly, put the “GriddifyCS6″ folder where you installed Photoshop, under “Plugins/Panels”
- Finally restart Photoshop CS6, and hopefully you can see the panel in the “Window” menu, under “Extensions”.
The new Griddify Beta 3 is an improved version with few bug fixes. It has better support for larger UI font sizes, minor improvements to the UI, smarter updater notifier, and a timestamp.
Issues in Photoshop CS6
Compared to Photoshop CC, HTML panels in Photoshop CS6 do not work well. It is because CC uses an embedded version of Chromium to render HTML content while CS6 uses Flash which is significantly less stable.
And from the blog on Griddify, we can say that Griddify will soon be available on CS4/5 version as well but it’s not sure of it goes well.
But best of all, Griddify is free and open-source. So, enjoy the one!
The post Griddify: guides and grids for Photoshop made easy appeared first on Design daily news.
Download the Designers essentials package now!